Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Burning by Bentley Little


In the distance a trains whistle roars though the night sky. Its song bearing the great agony of a people cruelly wronged and a past seeking revenge. Join the diverse gathering of characters as they each encounter an evil which will leave them forever changed and perhaps even destroyed. A park ranger who faces an evil so beautiful it drives him to the edge. A mother and son on their way to a new beginning with hopes of a bright future ahead of them till they see what is lurking outside their window. A freshman college student discovers the true meaning of separation from friends by facing the darkness that lurks below her apartment. And the young man who longs to journey across America and blaze a trail to a new start discovers that the darkness will find him no matter where he goes.

This book had me sitting on the edge of my seat all day long as I read it. I found it nearly impossible to put down. In fact I was an hour late to work because of it. It does contain graphic violence and sex scenes that may offend some. I nearly did not make it past the first sex scene myself but it was the only book I had with me at the laundry mat. I found the fact that the characters were not the only ones to see the monsters very refreshing. I get tired of everyone thinking the main characters are crazy. For some reason it made the story more plausible. I had the time of my life retelling the story to my friends who would listen . Bentley Little reigns up with Stephen King and Deane Koontz in my books. A must read for horror buffs. This book gets the Tesse Stamp of Approval. :)

I have put my book up for mooching
http://www.bookmooch.com/m/detail/0451219147

Review by Tesse aka blissful2beme
http://www.bookmooch.com/m/inventory/blissful2beme

No comments: