Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

A MUST READ for anyone who ever loved the movie!!!!! Many of the scenes in the movie are word for word with the book. While it covers everything in the movie, the book has scenes that aren't in the movie (and should have been) and goes much more in depth with the characters and their history. While there are breaks where Goldman "talks" that are a bit annoying to some, they make certain parts of the movie make more sense. Warning: If you have watched the movie as many times as I have, you'll find yourself reading with accents floating in your head from each of the characters. A wonderful find and definantly something I'll read again and again. Someone PLEASE post a copy to bookmooch!!! I had to borrow it from the library and now I'll have to hunt down my own copy. :(

1 comment:

tarshaan said...

oh, i loved that book... now i have to go dig out my copy and re-read!