Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fangs for the Memories by Kathy Love

I've heard a lot about this series, so I was quite happy when I got to mooch it off my wishlist.
The cover page has a short note by MaryJanice Davidson saying "What's not to love about Kathy Love? Fangs for the Memories will make you laugh until milk comes out of your nose. No, really."

Well, with such recommendations from a master of paranormal romances, I was sure I stumbled across something great, and couldn't wait to read it.

Now, don't get me wrong, the book was a good paranormal romance, with action, sex and all, but I've read better ones. And I definitely didn't laugh out loud, not even once. Not sure where I missed the joke(s).
Having the criticism out of the way, now to the good stuff.

I really enjoyed the book, it was a light and fast reading (even with a 300 pages trade paperback).
Girl goes to New York to start new life, girl goes to a bar, meets vampire, who has a story of his own, and a brother who wants revenge for something in the past. Vampire saves girl from a dangerous situation, and while both are in the park behind the bar, vampire's dangerous brother comes and stirs up trouble. And gives them both amnesia. And for the rest, you need to read the story.

Well, a vampire with amnesia, that's surely a new one for me, quite interesting concept and it led nicely to reveal the rest of the story, enough to keep me going, wanting to know what will happen next.

As I already have the sequel (Fangs but no Fangs) on my TBR shelf, I will pick it up as one of my next reads, to follow the story of Christian, the revengeful brother, who might not be that bad after all...

1 comment:

Taliferrue Cathaldus said...

Great Review.. i think i will add it and the 2nd one to my wish list too :)